“Tatami” is Japanese traditional flooring that has
been popular in Japan from ancient times. Now, as one of the Japanese
culture, it has attracted attention from the world. The aroma and
texture of the rush straw, which are used for the tatami, cure people,
and are excellent in functional sides including a moisture absorption
action or the purification action of air By all means, isn’t the tatami
taken in to your life? .
How can you use
- In part of the house
As a peaceful space
- Peace of mind even if crawling!
In a baby’s childcare space
- Not painful with a fall over!
As a playground for children
- Recommended for low back pains
To moderate hardness for comfortable sleeping
- Immediate peaceful air!
In Japanese restaurant
- It was seen in a movie and animation
A Japanese-style room is reproducible!
About the composition of a tatami
The tatami is made by materials for tatami facing, tatami flooring, tatami border, and many other sub-materials.
- Tatami Facing
- Many fabrics are woven with rush straw, which is mainly used for the surface of a tatami.This portion is also called “Goza”.
- Tatami Border
- The portion of the fabric attached to the edges of the tatami.To prevent the wear of the corners of the tatami mat, and there is a function to fill the crevice between a tatami and a tatami.
- Tatami Flooring
- The portion of the stand. that becomes the core of a tatami.A wooden board and polystyrene form are in use now.Quality articles are made to the traditional straw floor.
Bits of knowledgeWhy do not step on the tatami edge?
There is a duty of the prevention against evils (on a border) across the world and a house, a room and a corridor at the threshold, and the edge of a tatami has a meaning, which distinguishes a visitor and a master.You must not go through stepping on a barrier since a space style will be broken down.Furthermore, the edge of the tatami expressing the social status of the house, by putting a family crest into the edge of a tatami in many cases, and stepping on it will be stepping on the face of the ancestors or house people, and it is a very impolite thing.
About the types of tatami
- Flooring tatami
- ・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・ types of tatami that lay on top of the flooring.
- Japanese-style room tatami
- ・・・types of tatami that covers as a flooring material for Japanese-style rooms.
- Tatami for beds
- ・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・types of tatami used instead of a mattress.
- ・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・the tatami mat size made of rush straw to use for flooring or the outdoors.
- Flower mat
- ・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・ the mat of flowers and Japanese patterns, rich in design.
- ・・・・・・・・・・・・・the mats made with rush straw to hide the scratches, do not damage the tatami mat.
- Rush rug
- ・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・ rugs made of rush straw.
About the features of a tatami
- ①High thermal insulation and heat retention.
- Air is firmly blocked in the main part of a tatami, by the quality of the material of tatami flooring. Air has the property to be hard to convey the heat.Therefore, it is comfortably cool to the skin in summer, and cold air is shut out in winter, and the stored heat is not escaped, but the indoor temperature is kept comfortable always in winter.
- ②High moistness absorption
- The rush straw currently used for tatami facing and flooring is in the state, which contains air like sponge.It will absorb, if the humidity of the interior of a room increases, and nature and humidity will be emitted if it dries.About 500ml is the natural moisture absorption capacity for 1 mat size of tatami.It is an image, which inhales and exhails humidity slowly.
- ③Healing effect on the smell, and also purify air.
- There is an analgesic effect in the scent of the rush straw of a fresh nostalgic tatami.Also by the recent years of research of rush straw it was found that there is a function to adsorb “dioxide nitrogen” effect not good for the human body.A tatami gives healing, by purifying the air.
- ④High sound absorption, sound insulation effect
- The rush straw of the surface (tatami facing) of a tatami stores air with sponge-like structure, and induces very soft feelings.Moreover, the air contained in the quality of the material of a tatami absorbs excessive sounds, and there is elasticity that weakens the shocks.Therefore, the sound absorption effect and the sound insulation effect are high, and neither life sound nor footsteps get across to the surroundings easily.
- ⑤Can be used for multiple purpose life styles.
- For example, during the day it acts as a parlor and drawing room, transformed into a bedroom at night, and also tatami room uniqueness can be used for a variety of purposes.Moreover, since it also matches with the bed and Western-style furniture, interior design coordination can be enjoyed with rich variations.
About the dispatch to overseas
- ◎ The shipping cost of the goods exceeding 8,000yen, in Japan is free.
- ◎ The shipping cost to international airports, such as Narita International Airport, Haneda Airport,
Kansai International Airport, and Chubu international airport, is free.
- ◎ The shipping to overseas will be estimated separately.
- ◎ Dispatch by EMS* of the post office is possible for a border-less half mat. ※EMS – The fastest service of international mail (up to 30kg) that can send a luggage to more than 120countries
Overseas partners recruitment
TATAMISER Co., Ltd. is looking for the overseas partners widely in order to spread original Japanese culture and tatami to the whole world.It is the intention of striving for construction of a new market in cooperation with the affiliated Japanese companies who have bases in overseas.Please give us inquiries of cooperation with our company, for business tie-ups, etc. as follows.
Please contact with us if you have any questions.
＊items are requiried
- Company Name
- TATAMISER Company Limited／TATAMISER Co.,Ltd.
- Representative Director
- Mitsuhiko Awaji
- 6million yen
- Tatami construction and tatami materials sales, in addition, management of EC shops of tatami, and internet related IT services.
- 130-42 Nakasone-cho, Kita-ku, Sakai-city, Osaka, 591-8025
- Subway Midosuji line, “Nakamozu Station”, 2-minute walk from Exit 2,
Nankai Koya line “Nakamozu Station”, 5-minute walk from North Exit.